Tuesday, 14 April 2009

Hello

I managed to get a touch of sunburn on my face yesterday. It was a beautiful day and we took bikes across town to the best cycling park. Sunday I spent with the injured grandmother and Dani took the kids on a country walk. Friday and Saturday were lazy days at home (it was drizzly), watching videos, pottering around and so on. The injured grandmother came round to use our ground floor shower. I introduced the kids to “A murder is announced” – BBC 1980s version with Joan Hickson.

I have a bit of spare time with week because I’ve taken some leave from work. I’m determined to make some space for writing and haircuts for me and the boy. He’s hasn’t wanted a haircut recently but it was annoying him yesterday while he was bike riding.

Builders are back on the roof this morning and kids have Squeezebox, so it feels like a pretty normal Tuesday. But we’ll soon notice that it’s school holidays if we go to the park later...

I have been mulling a post about how home ed/life changes as people grow up. But I need a proper stretch of time on the computer and now we are four heavy computer users that’s not easy!

Oh, yeah, and we did Easter as much as we ever do - buns and chocolate. Dani made excellent hot cross buns. I had some sort of Christian knock the door last week to ask me if I was interested in celebrating the death of Jesus! I'm no expert but I thought it was the resurrection that was the cause for celebration.

2 comments:

mamacrow said...

'Christian knock the door last week to ask me if I was interested in celebrating the death of Jesus! I'm no expert but I thought it was the resurrection that was the cause for celebration. '

yeah... ooops!

Hey, is that hotcrossbun recipie easy? Cos we devour loads of 'em all year round, would love to have a go at making our own...

love love love joan hickson - Papacrow got me the complete Joan Hickson Miss Marple collection for xmas... bliss... the BEST XMAS GIFT EVER! (oh, apart from babies) really don't see how he'll ever top that...

Dani said...

No, it wasn't easy. It took about four hours and never rose properly! I think I was using the wrong kind of yeast, or not enough, or something. I'm sure a bit of googling would turn up something better - I may try again next year :-)