Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Same as it ever was

Sorry for the silence. I have little to say at the moment as the situation in Gaza is so awful and that is pre-occupying me. Chat about my safe, warm and whole children feels somewhat sickening while I see others in such straits. I wish I understood what an earth it was for. When Peres speaks of a “real and serious lesson” and I see those little bodies, I could throw up. There is a vile brutality in this species. I have been wondering why it is, if we have the capacity to understand each other’s suffering, we do not have the capacity to stop behaving in this way. It’s not like we don’t know what we do. The lure of dominance, of being the one with the big stick making others cower, it is always there. We achieve such heights of cleverness, with our gadgets and gizmos, but we acquire no wisdom. Generation on generation we are the same thuggish beasts. What is there to stay our hands, if not ourselves? The evidence is there. There is nothing.

2 comments:

mamacrow said...

just sending ((Hugs))

Allie said...

Thanks, Mamacrow.